Cream eyeshadows have become a big favourite of mine over the past few months as I much prefer the look of dewy, smudgy shadow rather than the effects from their powdery counterparts. 

There's just one major downside- the creasing! I don't class myself as having exceptionally oily eyelids, rather just normal ones, however cream eyeshadows seem to seriously disagree with me in terms of longevity. Generally this problem is solved with a slick of Urban Decay Primer Potion underneath, except in exceptional cases, when even in the most perfect conditions some cream shadows cannot last more than 4 hours, not naming any names... *cough* MAC Paint Pot *cough*

These are the few products I own in my collection... 
1)No7 Stay Perfect Eye Mousse in Pewter and Fudge 2)Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten 3)MAC Paint Pot in Painterly 4)ELF Cream Eyeshadow in Dawn and Bronzed
Swatches in same order as above.


No7 Stay Perfect Eye Mousse in Pewter and Fudge - These are my all time favourite cream shadows, hands down! They wear the best, are the smoothest, most easily applied eyeshadows I have ever used, and are only £4 when those wonderful No 7 vouchers are hanging about!

Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten - This is a gorgeous creamy shadow, although at £16 it is a little on the steep side, but hey that's what Boots Points are for! Although gorgeous, I do find this doesn't wear amazingly and needs an good base to stay perfect.

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly - This cult product is raved about all over blogs and YouTube, however I'm not its biggest fan in the world. I feel like a good concealer could easily replace this in my makeup routine and it smudges like crazy!

ELF Cream Eyeshadow in Dawn and Bronzed - I had high hopes for these newcomers to the ELF line, and although they are beautiful shades, the texture could be improved as they do have the tendency to clump up, especially in the shade Dawn, which has chunky glitter in it. 

I'm a massive fan of all makeup products with a creamy consistency, and am also obsessive about my cream blushes and am slowly building up my collection, so any more suggestions are much appreciated!

Have a lovely week beautifuls!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top