Heyy heyy bloggettes! :)
The suns shining, the birds are tweeting... and the fake tan's being dusted off. What does this mean?

It's SUMMER!

Well ok.. not quite, but almost, so today I decided to get out the trusty fake tan. I have a few favourites brands which i find work well for me. They are...

1.  Garnier Ambre Solaire No-streaks Bronzer Dry Body Mist


This is a spray on product, which you build up over time.

Pros:

  • Very easy to apply.

  • Good golden colour tan.

  • Affordable- around £7.00.

  • Not messy.
Cons:

  • Difficult to tell where you have applied as it is a clear mist.

  • Sometimes end up streaky or patchy.

  • Unlike the can actually states- it doesn't actually dry instantly, so I find there is a need for rubbing it in to make it less streaky- which can amount into orange hands... :/

  • Difficult to apply to back of legs.
2. Johnsons Holiday Skin Body Lotion

A simple moisturising product which has a built in self tanner which builds up after daily application.

Pros:

  • Beautiful natural looking tan.

  • Easy to apply and build up.

  • Cheap! I got mine from the pound shop!

  • Smells Gorgeous.
Cons:

  • Takes a while to absorb, so can be transferred easily to clothes.

  • Needs to be rubbed in really well to avoid streaking.
3. St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse



Before I had bought this product, i'd heard a LOT about it. Dubbed as the cheap as chips version of St Tropez Instant Tanning Mousse, I was curious to try it out, never having had tried the St Tropez version before. I was very pleasantly surprized and happy with the look I got from the easy to use product.

Pros:

  • Builds a beautiful colour over 4-6 hours, after which you wash it off to reveal stunningly tanned skin.

  • Cheappppp! Mine was only around £4.00, and for a St Tropez compared product, I think it's a bargain!

  • Instantly bronzes, so you can go out while it is still developing.

  • Lasts for around 5 days before re-application is needed.
Cons:

  • Drys ultra quick, so can easily streak. But this streaking problem is not very noticable when the product is washed off, so messy application is fine!

  • Messy, can get everywhere!

  • Make sure you wash hands after use- the only fake tan ive ever got really bad 'orange paws' with!
This was the tan which I used today, to help me blend in with all the sun worshippers in the park who were wayyy ahead of me in the tanning stakes.
When applying I didnt have a tanning glove to hand, so, creative as I am, I used cling film over my hands, to stop them becoming orange! This was actually one of my better ideas, and my hands are now tango-free :D.
The actual tan on my legs and arms went well (with only one patch that i missed on the back of my legs, whoopppss!) and it developed into a very natural looking colour! Im so happy with St Moriz! A great product, and i would definately recommend buying it!

So... what is you favourite tanning product? And are you enjoying the beautiful sunshine as much as i am?

♥ You know you love me...
Hannah xoxo
(And yes i AM a Gossip Girl worshipper ;))

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top