Hey Dolls...

Out of all of the makeup products in the whole wide world, I would have to say that lipstick is one of my all time favourites. The variety of colours, the exciting textures and just the damn amazing gorgeous-ness of them puts lipstick at the forefront of all makeup in my opinion, and I feel that no shopping trip is complete unless I've got a beautifully wrapped little lippie sitting at the bottom of my shopping bags.

So today, in honour of my favourite makeup product, here are my top 5 lipsticks from my collection...

(L-R, Barry M Coral, ELF Nicely Nude, 17 Balmy Beige, MAC Hue, Gosh Darling)

My nude lips, just for comparison...

5
Barry M Lipstick in Coral
This is an extremely bright and beautiful, full on coral orange, with very fine sparkle running through it. I would say that this is a little drying, but I love it just for the stunning colour, that is perfect for Summer, if summer ever even arrives!

4
ELF Mineral Lipstick in Nicely Nude
Of course, by no means a 'nude' colour, but true to the other part of its name, it is extremely 'nice'. A beautiful warm pink, its perfect for everyday wear and looks beautiful teamed with a soft pink gloss. If your looking for a barbie pink then keep looking, but this is a softer, more wearable alternative. I feel that it is moisturising and so amazing to wear, such a perfect pink.

3
17 Lipstick in Balmy Beige
This beautiful, soft coral/orange/goldey colour is the perfect sheer top coat for other lipsticks, to add a little bit of dazzle to your lips. Although it doesn't give an amazing impression on its own, it looks beautiful teamed with nude lips, pink lips, coral lips, any old lips!

2
MAC Lipstick in Hue (Glaze)
This stunning, sheer nude pink lipstick is one of those 'your lips- but better' colours, which adds hints of colours without looking too full-on or overdone. Its got a beautiful texture and is perfect for doing nude lips without going too nude, and ending up looking dead...

And finally... first place goes too... *drum roll please*

1
Gosh Lipstick in Darling
Oh what can I say about my favourite lipstick in the world!? The perfect nude, with pink undertones, I think this colour would suit almost everybody, and is the perfect way for toning down overly bright colours, making smoky eyes pop and warming up the complexion. Used full pelt its a very pigmented nude which knocks out the colour in your lips, although I prefer to use it dabbed on my lips sparingly, just for the hint of a nude lip. Overall, an all round stunner!!

So girlie's, you've heard my list, but what about you?! Whats your favourite lipstick in the whole wide world!?

This is a scheduled post, as I'm on holiday at the moment, so apologies if I don't get back to you straight away...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top