Summer's here in full force and its time to start baring legs to the world, however if your legs are as pale as mine you'd understand that skirts, shorts and anything else leg-baring is a big no-no for me until I get a bit of fake tan going. In previous years I have tried countless tanners- St Moriz, Dove, Garnier, to name but a few, however none of them really wow-ed me like I believe a fake tan really should. The thing that really irks me about sunless tanners is the smell- I really do not understand why they must always make me smell like biscuits for days after, however much I try to scrub away the smell.

When I heard about Xen Tan - the supposed 'gorgeous smelling fake tan' - I had to try it; it could have been the saviour to my fake tan nightmare. My sister, another fake tan addict was also interested in the product, so as it was mega expensive (£17.99 from http://www.feelunique.com/, RRP £26) she purchased a bottle of Xen Tan Dark Lotion for her and for me to try, hoping it would turn out to be her new HG fake tan.


On first impressions out of the box, our first thoughts were, £18- for that!?. The bottle is in fact very small, and definitely did not look worth the small fortune my sister, Sophie, had payed for it.

We both tried out the tan once, and since then my sister has been using it regularly for the last month.

My thoughts: My first thoughts on this product when applied was that it smelled AMAZING- just like marzipan and cakes and everything yummy rolled into one. I applied it all over my body with a tanning mitt (Primark £1 - woohoo!) and the base colour looked lovely. It applied evenly without patches and felt quite moisturising on my skin. I left it on for about 4 hours and by that time the smell was really getting to me, it had morphed from gorgeous marzipan to that disgusting old biscuity smell - hate hate hate! I washed it off quickly and it seemed that all the lovely base colour washed off in the shower, leaving me with only the tiniest golden glow, and nothing 'dark' like I had expected. Overall I was really disappointed and will definitely not be buying the tan myself.

Sophie's thoughts: When I first tried Xen Tan I HATED it. I bought it under the impression that it would give me an amazing tan, but not smell disgusting like ever single other fake tan seemed to. When I tried it it just did not deliver the colour I wanted and I had to build it up about 3 times before I got the colour I wanted, and at £18 a bottle I can't afford to be using it like that! However after using it for about a month I have come to quite like it; it doesn't dry out my skin, and its pretty even to apply, however the colour needs to be built up at least twice to look dark enough. Overall I probably wont be repurchasing just because it just isn't worth the massive price tag.
 
So overall, we are still in the market for an amazing fake tan, any suggestions!? We were thinking of trying out Fake Bake tan next up :)

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top