The big issue in the beauty industry at the moment is the vicious battle between fake and natural makeup and looks, with many younger girls being pressured into wearing excess makeup or even considering cosmetic surgery, just to feel 'perfect'. This battle in the makeup world is quickly being increased by advertisements claiming fake is better, with the huge rise in airbrushing adverts, however many still swear that natural beauty is best.

My 18 year old sister Sophie is a prime example of this. She is a beautiful girl, but still insists on slapping on makeup by the truckload for everyday wear, when in reality, it is just not needed. A few days ago we conducted a 'beauty experiment' (lets geek out here 8) where I did two extreme makeup looks on her- 'natural' and 'fake'. Here are the results...

Natural



Revlon Colourstay Foundation mixed with moisturiser
ELF Mineral Blush in Rose
MeMeMe Highlighter in Sun Beam
No7 Eyeshadow in Wheatsheaf and Mink
Max Factor False Lash Effect
Mac Hue Lipstick

I was amazed when I completed this look on her. She absolutely hated it as it was so out of her normal 'fallback look' of heavy makeup, but in my opinion, I don't think she needs it.

Fake



Revlon Colourstay Foundation in a dark and light shade
Sleek Bad Gal Palette
Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara
Bourjois Bronzer
ELF Warm Bronzer
ELF Blusher in Blushing Rose
False Lashes
Avon Gel Liner
MAC Cherry Lipliner
No7 Lipstick in Ruby Glow (20)
L'oreal Paris Glam Shine Lipgloss in Endless Carmine (506)

By no means is this look completely 'fake' but it is very heavy and daring. I also love this look as it photographs so well, but I still prefer her in the natural look. Sophie, of course, preferred this look, but she did say she was pleased she'd actually seen herself a little stripped back on the makeup front.

I was shocked when the next day she walked in with noticeably less makeup on and was actually wearing a lot more natural look that she was used to. I was such a proud sister, teehee!

Personally, I think she looks lovely in both looks and I love the look of both 'natural' and 'fake' makeup, but the whole point of this 'experiment' was to show her she didn't need it, especially for everyday.

So which do you prefer?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top