When it comes to what I slap onto my skin, I like to keep things reasonably simple and gentle. My skin is by no means perfect or blemish free- however I do think that it has improved noticeably by using a regular skincare routine.

In the past I've had some major skin disasters: massive spot outbreaks, random oiliness and allergic reactions to too strong cleansers; do not use Nuetrogena Visibly Clear Spot Stress Control Daily Cleansing Lotion if you have at all sensitive skin, that stuff is lethal...

However, over time I have finally figured out my own personal skin type (dry and a little sensitive) and worked my skincare around it. Bare in mind that if you have a different skin type these products may not work for you, but this is my skincare routine...

Morning


I am forever in a rush from the point I wake up to getting out the door, so easy, 'simple' products are a must for me in those early mornings before school. I love the Simple range because it is just that -simple. The Moisturising Facial Wash is lovely and leaves my skin feeling soft soft soft, and the moisturiser is moisturising enough for everyday without leaving my skin too greasy or shiny for the day.

Evening


Without doubt, the most loved part of my skincare routine is definitely my Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, and although I was hesitant to buy it at first, it has impressed me no-end! The beautiful creamy formula leaves my skin to die for soft and clean, and when I'm being really lazy this can be the only step in my evening routine. However if I'm wearing a little more makeup which needs to be carefully removed, I generally use Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover to remove all traces of eye makeup and go over my skin first with cheap old Boots Cleansing Wipes before finishing up the last traces of makeup with my Cleanse & Polish. My last step is to apply copious amounts of Oilatum Natural Repair Face Cream, which has been an absolute saviour for my constant dry skin, leaving it lovely and moisturised at all times!


After applying all of the above, the final steps before I can go off into zzzz-land is a quick spray of facial tanner (Garnier Dry Face Mist) which is an absolute life saver for me. Being so pale naturally means that in the mornings I really have to work the bronzer to get even a hint of a glow, but this tanner saves me caking on the makeup in the morning and means that most days I can go foundation-free on my face. Before bed I apply a generous amount of Vaseline to my eyelashes, add a good lip balm and dab a little Freederm onto any little blemishes I have and voila- ready for bed!

So thats my little 'skincare routine' all wrapped up!
What are your miracle skincare products!?


all of the above were purchased myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top