£38 and 4 days of waiting and jumping up every time the post man came knocking later, my lovely big ELF order finally arrived! After bouncing up and down with excitement for a few minutes, I settled down to actually opening the (huge) box. :)

Inside was a whole host of goodies, about 17 in total, which is amazing for the £38 I paid out! Which (as I just worked out on my calculator) is only £2.24 a piece! Bargain or what? But here we go, what I bought...

From the normal ELF range:

Therapeutic Conditioning Balm (Vanilla)- On first thoughts I really disliked this. It seems to come out white on the lips, but after some playing I discovered it did actually look good when rubbed in a little, and is used to pale down lips.
All Over Colour Stick (Lilac Petal)- This is a gorgeous colour which adds a little blush to the cheeks, but is best used as a highlighter on the cheek bones for emphasis.
Duo Eye Shadow Cream (Coffee and Cream)- I really like these colours, the coffee colour is a dark brown which blends beautifully and the white has small gold flecks which reflect the light.
Plumping Lip Glaze (Baby Doll)- I'm not as sure about this product as the rest. Although when applied to the lips it gives a lovely tingling feeling, I saw no real 'plumping' and the colour wasn't as pigmented as I would have liked.
Shimmering Facial Whip (Pink Lemonade)- This is the perfect colour for cheeks and is shimmery to reflect light.

(Sorry for the teeny tiny writing :/)

Brushes:


(L-R Studio Kabuki Face Brush, Studio Blush Brush, Studio Complexion Brush, Blending Eye Brush)

Kabuki Face Brush- This really is the best kabuki I have ever used, and the softest brush ever! At £5 this is a little more expensive than the other products, but is completely worth it as it is perfect for blending and so soft I want to rub it on my face constantly.
Blush Brush- This is perfectly shaped for getting at the apples of your cheeks to give you a lovely healthy glow, and even though it is synthetic hairs, it is impossibly soft.
Complexion Brush- This is amazing for power on my face, although I think it could be a little flat for some people.
Blending Eye Brush- I really like this brush, its amazing at blending the hardest to work with eyeshadow and its soft and kind to the delicate eye area.

(First three brushes are from the studio line, the Blending Eye Brush from the normal ELF range)

Mineral Makeup range...



Mineral Eye Liner (Black)- This eyeliner is soft and is easily blendable, the only down point is that the tip will easily wear down and be difficult to sharpen.
Lipstick (Nicely Nude)- Or nicely pink as it should have been called. This in no way could be called a 'nude', although it is a very pretty soft pink (not as coral as it seems in the picture) and it is a very wearable colour.

And from the Studio Line makeup...


(Top Row L-R, Complexion Perfection, Blush and Bronzer Compact, Bronzer
Middle L-R, Cream Eyeliner, Single Eyeshadow
Bottom Row,  Under Eye Concealer and Highlighter)

Complexion Perfection- Upon first seeing this pastel coloured palette I'm not ashamed to say that I was a little skeptical, but upon receiving I'm converted. Each of the colours are aimed at reducing redness/yellowness etc on the face, and mixed together the colours help to give a flawless base.
Blush and Bronzer Compact- This is probably the best product on this range and I cannot give it enough praise. The blush, a beautiful soft peachy pink is perfect to blend and has small golden fleck and the dark brown bronzer is fantastic for contouring under cheek bones. RECOMMEND! :)
Bronzer (Warm)- This is also a little miracle product which really illuminates your skin. After reading about this on lollipop26's blog I was interested and on getting it I can confirm she is absolutely right about the perfect colour this gives your face.
Cream Eyeliner (Black)- Another of my faves, this is the key to getting a perfect straight line. Never having used a cream liner before, I am so excited about this and absolutely love it!
Single Eyeshadow (Coffee)- Yepp, you may be able to tell I like brown eyeshadows :) This is a gorgeous, very well pigmented colour, that I love to use in the crease for a gorgeous smokey brown eye.
Under Eye Concealer and Highlighter (Glow/Fair)- I really like the concealer side of this, its a very bright, light colour that I feel really makes me look awake in the mornings, but the 'glow' side really is not what I expected. The white liquid doesn't really do anything and I was quite disappointed. But I would recommend just for the gorgeous colour of the concealer. :)


If you are interested in any of these product check out Eyes Lips Face.

It seems ELF is fast becoming my new makeup obsession- its just too damn tempting with its cheap as chips prices and gorgeous colour palettes! In fact the studio range are so good I'm already thinking about my next order, oh dear time to start saving up again!

If you want any extra information about any of these products just ask, I might be doing a bit of a rave in the future about the Studio Palettes especially, so watch out for those!

I hope you like my little (well actually quite large) haul. :)

FOTD coming up including most of these products... :)

Hannah xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top