I am a typical girl, obsessed with everything sparkly and pretty, so when I heard about Nivea Visage Natural Beauty Radiance Boosting Moisturiser, infused with shimmering elements and claiming to create a naturally radient and even complexion I just had to try it, so i asked for it for my birthday a few months ago, and sure enough it turned up in my pile of presents! :)


My first impressions of this product was the beautiful packaging, which looks like a pearl and shimmers in the light.

The cream inside looked promising, a soft golden peach colour with gorgeous, shimmery, glitteryness, that is garenteed to attract any self-confessed girly girl.
Eagarly I slapped the product onto my face, impatient for the cream to work its magic and make me radient and shimmery. But as with most high expectations, I was disappointed.

Before rubbing in.

After rubbing in (You can just about make out the little shimmers... :))


Don't get me wrong, there are some good things about the product. It really does make you shimer, and in some cases this is a good thing, in some lights making you look radient, but in others making you look like a five year old whos been playing with mummies glittery make-up.

Another thing that I dislike about it is the smell. I'v seen a lot of people commenting that they like the smell as it is fresh and feminine, but I alsolutely hate it. To me, it is overpowering and way too citrisy and fruity, which I have not come to expect from a moisturiser. It absorbs well and in some cases it is moisturising to the skin, but i did find that when applied over flakey, dry skin, the shimmers settled into the flakes emphasising my dry skin rather than helping it.

When I applied this as a base under my foundation, sometimes it literally made the foundation flake off, which really isnt a good look!

Sorry for the moan, but overall this product really isn't anything special and I would't recommend, so im now looking for a new, really nourishing moisturiser which will help my dry skin. Any suggestions??


Thanks for reading!
Hannah xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top